- Scientists from physical, natural and social sciences and humanities interested in social-ecological dynamics in the Anthropocene and the transitions towards sustainable stewardship.
- Policy advisors and decision makers concerned with sustainable development, natural resource management and development and other stakeholders including representatives from local communities and resource managers.
- Early careers researchers (PhD students and post-doctoral researchers) with specialization in fields related to the PECS science and researchers from developing and emerging countries are also invited to contribute, especially as some dedicated travel grants should be made available.
- Representatives of international initiatives and organisations interested in sharing experiences or learning from PECS-related activities for their research and education purposes.
- Individual researchers who wish to provide input to the evolution of PECS research activities.